Recipe by: Preeya Alexander
1 litre of liquid chicken stock – aim for low salt
½ to 1 cup of water
2 La Ionica chicken thigh fillets skin off
1 can of creamed corn
1 can corn kernels rinsed and drained
1 tsp minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 whisked free-range egg
Pepper, to taste
Spring onions sliced, to serve
- In a saucepan bring the chicken stock to heat and add the soy sauce, creamed corn, corn, ginger and garlic and simmer gently.
- Add the chicken and allow it to gently simmer for 15 minutes – you may need to add more water at this point to ensure the soup is not too thick. Season with pepper (you do not need to add more salt as soy sauce adds saltiness here).
- Take the chicken thighs out, ensure cooked and shred with 2 forks roughly.
- Stir the soup and gradually add the whisked egg, stir through.
- Stir through the sesame oil.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot.
- Turn heat off, distribute in bowls and serve with spring onion on top.