Recipe by: Adrian Richardson
4 sesame seed brioche buns
2 La Ionica chicken breasts, skin removed, sliced in half
Salt & pepper
2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp curry powder
4 eggs, whisked for an egg wash
2 cups panko bread crumbs
¼ cup white sesame seeds
¼ cup black sesame seeds
Oil, for frying
¼ wombok, thinly sliced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
¼ cup Japanese seaweed (optional)
½ red onion, thinly sliced
¼ daikon, peeled sliced into matchsticks
1 tbsp pickled ginger, chopped
½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 pickles, finely chopped
1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
2 tsp light soy
½ cup kewpie mayo
3 tsp hot chilli sauce (or to taste)
- Use a sharp knife to carefully slice the chicken breast in half to create 4 burger sized chicken fillets.
- Place flour in a large dish, combine the panko bread crumbs and sesame seeds on a large plate and prepare the egg wash in a separate bowl. Coat the chicken fillets in the flour, then the egg wash and finally the panko mixture, then dip in the egg and panko a second time. Pat the crumbs onto the chicken to ensure its evenly coated. Repeat will all of the chicken pieces.
- Add oil to a large frying pan, about an inch deep to shallow fry the chicken Drop a few breadcrumbs into the oil, they should gently start frying. Fry the chicken on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, flipping about halfway through, or until golden on the outside and cooked through internally. Remove from the oil and place on a wire rack to rest, season with a pinch of salt.
- Toast the inside of the burger buns on a dry pan over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl with half of the sauce, and stir to bring them together.
- Add chicken to the bottom bun, and a few spoonfuls of the salad, and pour over some of the reserved sauce before adding the top bun.